New Apartment, Thanksgiving, Dress Shopping // November Life Update

 This month update was supposed to be written at the end of November and now we're almost at the end of December before I'm actually sitting down to write this. A little hectic but better late than never, right? Follow along to read about my November!

     The most exciting part of November was moving!! We got approved for our space at the end of October and immediately started packing. You never realize how much stuff you own until you have to put it all in boxes! Between work schedules and our normal daily lives, we started packing up our lives! It was so exciting but also stressful. I applaud people who pack up two story homes cuz just two bedrooms and a kitchen was crazy enough for me. Also, how do people live in their homes while also packing? I found myself unpacking at least once box every few days cuz I packed something I needed. But we managed just fine!

     Our move-in day was in the middle of November and surprisingly, a cold front blew in that day! I was very happy about that cuz nobody had to sweat in the process. Well, a few of the guys did - but not cuz of the watehr, but cuz they had to carry our mattress and sectional couch up two flights of stairs. Bless everyone who helped us move and unpack! I don't think we could've done it alone.

     Our place unfurnished didn't look quite like I envisioned, but once we put our books and chairs and couch in there, it really does feel like home. I'm so very proud of all of Elijah's and my hard work to get us here!

     After moving in, we celebrated Thanksgiving exactly a week later. I was in charge of the pumpkin pie cuz it was such a great hit at our pumpkin party last month! Homemade is the way to go, I don't know if I'll ever go back. I worked Thanksgiving morning, but crew was gracious enough to wait for me (and let me change at home first) before eating Thanksgiving dinner. We ate a big dinner and looked at all the Black Friday deals. We watched a movie and did some laundry, all at Elijah's folks. It was quite relaxing and fun. But when we got home later, we realized we were still hungry and had absolutely nothing in the fridge. So, we drove around town looking for any restaurant that was open at 9:30pm on Thanksgiving Day. We almost gave up before hitting the motherload: Whataburger. Bless that business. Next time we know better than to go home from a Thanksgiving meal without leftovers!

     Black Friday we purchased a washer and dryer! Elijah and I both feel very grown up after that purchase. We've yet to figure out how to turn off the buzzer for the dryer so that's kinda obnoxious... but thankfully we haven't had any noise complaints from the neighbors. Maybe it's all in our heads?

     One of the sweetest honors was being invited to go wedding dress shopping for one of my co-workers, Rachel. She and I have become good friends since working together. We also live in the same apartment complex so we're neighbors too! She invited me, along with some other church friends, to find a bridal gown. She didn't expect to go home with a dress, but she found the one she loved! It was such an exciting evening for her. Elijah and I are so excited for Rachel and Cole to tie the knot next year!

     Another joy of moving in at the end of the year (aside from the lovely weather) is Christmas decorations! We had a handful of last-minute purchases after moving in but I'm glad we squeezed a few decorations into the list of important things. We have stockings and a little Christmas tree! My favorite thing right now is to turn on the tree lights once the sun sets. Watching a movie with the Christmas tree on is the epitome of Christmas *magic*.

     I was quite a bit late on this lil November update... sooo enjoy a few photos and see you in just a few short weeks for an update about our December!

Always,
Becca


Our living room!

Our cutie lil kitchen

Whataburger for Thanksgiving

Work on black friday - a lil crisp!

Our stockings - i love them so much

Wedding dress shopping for Rachel

Comments

Popular Posts