Pumpkins, Fall Festival, Apartment Shopping // October Life Update

 Spooky season is upon us! Read along to hear all about my October activites and life things :)


     The month started out strong with a fun girls morning with my friend Trina and her roomie! I visited their apartment at like 9:45am and brought Chick-fil-A (obvi) and we watched Singing in the Rain. A classic that none of us had seen in a hot minute. We had chicken and waffles in our comfy clothes and had such a relaxing morning. We eventually stuck around and chit chatted about life and I didn't leave until close to 3:00pm haha. A perfect Saturday morning with the girls! We agreed to have another movie morning again soon with another classic movie, possibly Mean Girls or Clueless??

     My work schedule was a lil wacky for a few weeks - where I was needed in the evenings mostly, so that meant that Elijah's work schedule and mine were polar opposites for a bit... He would get home only an hour after I would leave for work and we wouldn't see each other until after 10:00pm. Elijah ate frozen pizza a lot but it's one of his favorites so no complaints from him haha. It was rough but we made it through! Seeing each other every night was the sweetest reunion with lots of laughter and talking over each other just to tell each other about our days so we can quickly go to sleep cuz we were so tired haha. Mayhem but kinda precious at the same time I would think?

     Our church held a fall festival and it was so cute! Lots of bouncy houses and carnival type games, face paint, painting pumpkins, and food trucks! We couldn't forget the petting zoo either! I wouldn't have gone cuz it was geared towards the kiddos, but I was asked to help take photos of the afternoon and I couldn't pass it up! I worked that morning, drove immediately over to help set-up and get my gear ready for the event. It was plenty hot, but it was definitely a hit! I loved seeing all the kids dressed up and having a good time. I'm pretty sure I have a weird farmer's tan to remind me of that day.

     I planned an almost-Halloween party! It was more pumpkin-themed than Halloween. No costumes necessary. I made pumpkin chili and homemade pumpkin pie, as well as having a bunch of pumpkin-looking snacks. Of course, carving or decorating pumpkins was a necessity for a pumpkin party in October! We had a handful of late-comers, but it was plenty of fun. The crowd was a sucker for the homemade pumpkin pie, which was very honoring. A lot of people stayed until like 10:30pm, which was crazy to me! I loved that everyone was having such a good time that they didn't wanna leave, but ya girl was plenty tired. Anyways, it was a hit and I'm hoping to have another one in November! Theme ideas, anyone?

     Elijah and I didn't really do anything exciting for Halloween. We had church that morning, where I helped in the media department. I had work that evening so I took a nice lil nap beforehand. Elijah went out with one of his friends so he was plenty occupied. A fun lil work experience though, was that the power went out for a solid hour while I was working. I was working alone and I had never experienced anything like that before. There were lots of phone calls exchanged between my manager and myself! I did lots of deep cleaning in the store while the power was out. And once the lights came back on, it was business as usual!

     While Halloween is supposed to be the scariest time of the year, I'd say that the waiting period for apartment applications took the cake this year. We went apartment shopping about mid-October and saw three or four different complexes. While some were pleasant little places, Elijah and I both agreed on loving the first complex we looked at. After submitting our application and waiting a long three days, we got news that we were approved for the complex we loved! We are so so thrilled. I literally cried tears of joy. If you don't know already, Elijah and I were living with his parents for the past year, saving up for our own space. Me changing jobs at the beginning of summer pushed back our original move-out date. And while we are so thankful to his parents for letting us use half the house and steal some chicken broth every so often, we are so so so grateful and excited to have our own space in just a few short weeks. We will have a pool, which is so exciting, and we'll be on the second floor! Most people wouldn't be too hyped about that, but I've always dreamed of living in a two-story home, so this kinda makes that dream a reality. Stay tuned for all the homey makeover stuff!

Check back again in November for more life with the Gurrolas!

Always,
Becca

playing  around with my camera

beautiful sunset at work!

you can't take photos for an event and not wear a camera shirt.

friends decorating pumpkins!

a fun crowd for our pumpkin party

my "costume" at work on Halloween

starting the packing process!


Comments

  1. Congrats on the new apartment. I'm glad for you guys. Sounds like a busy October.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts