voting, christmas decor, 1st time black friday shopping?! // NOVEMBER LIFE UPDATE

     This life update was supposed to be posted a month ago but time got away from me and it never happened. So here we go!
     November was a great month and I'm grateful for all that happened during that month! Keep reading to see all that went down.


     November started off with a bang: the Annual Hand & Dove Banquet for the School of Christian Studies (for those who don't know, that's the seminary college in town that I've been attending all semester). It's a banquet to catch everyone up on all that's happened during that year and all the wonderful things that will be coming in the new year. They also ask for money cuz that's what happens at banquets haha. I don't know how it happened, but I was actually chosen to be one of the student ambassadors for the evening! I didn't know much about the title until I got there.... it was a fancy way of telling me that I'm a free worker. But it was a great time and I'm glad I got to go! I felt honored to be a student ambassador, even if it means that I did a lot of talking and walking. I got to see some church friends and school friends and spend the evening with Daddy. Also it was an excuse to dress up, so I wasn't complaining! It was also a memorable evening because School of Christian Studies had a name change! They changed it to Stark College, which I must say is much easier to say. It's going to be hard to get used to calling it something completely different after calling it STSCS for as long as I've known about it, but it's an exciting change.
     November is the time of the year to vote, and it's so cool being an adult cuz now I get to do it too! This was my second time voting because I was in Colorado last year, so I missed my chance to vote then. I missed early voting, but I got to stand in line for a long time during the day of, just like the rest of America. And I got a voting sticker! My main motivation for voting.... so I guess I'm not fully ready for adulthood yet.
     Lots of dates happened during November and I'm ever so happy about it. I went on dates with multiple boys too! Don't worry, those boys included the boyfriend and baby brother. Elijah and I went on multiple dates, including: IHop at 9:00pm, watching the goriest movie I've ever seen (almost left the theater for but pushed through), a dance, and many evenings of dinner and relaxing. Michael and I had multiple dates too! We went to Chick fil A to play in the playground and lots of tee ball practices.
     November brings Thanksgiving!!! So with that, Jonathan came down to visit and we put up Christmas decorations. I know, we're *that* family that decorates before Thanksgiving, but really it's a one time thing because we wanted to do it as a family since Jonathan was there. Trust me, it hurt us all for the few days before we left town to celebrate Thanksgiving with extended fam. Thanksgiving was a fun weekend though! Lots of food and hugs and celebration. We had a baby gender reveal party during the weekend and love on all the little babies already in the mix. My grandparents and cousin and myself worked on our exciting project! I'll mention more in the next month update so keep your eyes peeled.
     The day after Thanksgiving is Black Friday, the craziest shopping day of the year. I've actually never gone Black Friday shopping, so I called up my cousins the few days before and asked if they were interested in joining me, and the answer was yes! So we got up at 7:00am and headed into town to go shopping and prepared ourselves for mass chaotic crowds, only to find that it was probably the calmest shopping experience we've all had. It was so weird. Definitely not the Black Friday we were all expecting. But it was still fun! We hit up Target and Best Buy, and made a pit stop at Chick fil A for lunch for funsies. It was a memory maker. :)

     Thanks for reading about what my November was like. Keep scrolling for pictures! Take care and see ya next month!

Always,
Becca


Thanksgiving day!
fun at the Jeremy Camp / Matthew West concert!

The Black Friday crowd was tuckered out!

Comments

Popular Posts