Birthday Celebrations and Prom?! // MARCH LIFE UPDATE

March started out with a bang, and definitely ended on the same note! Check out what all happened in March for little 'ole me!
     What better way to start off a month than a weekend spent teaching 16 middle school girls about the love of Jesus through Disciple Now?! It was quite an adventure, being that I've never led a DNOW or handled more than about 8 middle school girls at once! But it really helped having my newest partner-in-crime, Libby (aka Olivia) co-leading with me. We officially met only a few days before the weekend kicked off, and that was the beginning of a beautiful friendship. We're pretty much best friends for lyfe, and I love it. We get along so well and have the craziest bit of fun together. Anywho, that weekend was so much fun! And the weekend ended pretty swell too, because after a long weekend of handling middle/high schoolers, a few of the DNOW leaders (who are all staff at Zephyr, except me) and myself all went thrift shopping and had a blast, and it didn't end there! That Sunday evening, I had my very first date with my very first boyfriend and it was so. much. fun.
     The week following was the Sharathon (spring fundraiser) for the radio station, KBNJ. It was a bunch of work, but it was also a very fulfilling one! It was awesome to hear from many listeners that we've impacted through the ministry of KBNJ and how many of them stepped up to help support us! We raised about 80% of our goal, which was really great. We're excited to see how the Lord leads the radio station in the next 6 months!
     The very last day of our Sharathon/fundraiser, was my birthday! Yep, on the 8th, I celebrated 20 years of living and it was pretty great! I got breakfast in bed, a bouquet of roses from Daddy, a few cards from co-workers, and a whole lot of love. It was a very long day because I worked all day long, but it was a very good birthday. And the celebrations didn't end that day! The following weekend, (10th & 11th) I got 2 more birthday parties! I had a group of girls come over to play basketball (a very funny birthday celebration for me, who is definitely not athletic in the slightest... but that's what I wanted to do and I'm still trying to figure out why), and we had hamburgers! I also got to see Jonathan, my big brother who's attending college in Houston, cuz he came down for a mission trip in Padre Island during spring break, and we got to meet up with him for lunch! All of that went down on Saturday, making that a very good day. And on the following day, Sunday, I had a second date with Elijah (aka my boyfriend) as a birthday celebration. My birthday celebration weekend was a very good one, to say the least!
   The fourth weekend of March brought PROM. And that might sound a little strange, since I graduated high school 2 years ago, but this was so special and fun. My cousins that live in Temple/Waco, Texas area had their homeschool prom and invited me along as their +1! The age limit to attend their prom is 21, and I'm only 20, so I was good to go. So, Benjamin and I drove up that Friday (which was pretty exciting cuz it was 6 hrs and we took a back way that took us on toll roads that we were unaware of). Benjamin spent time with cousin Asa, who's birthday was on Saturday (lots of soccer games involved on that day), while I spent time with Addy and Anna Jo, as we got ready for prom pretty much all Saturday long (and it was a blast). I can't really tell you what Benjamin did, but prom with the girls was so much fun. We took several pictures, Anna and I had the hardest time with dinner (country food steak isn't very good, let's just say that), and we danced until our feet hurt (then danced some more). Also, pretty sure we got a sugar high from all the candy they gave us, but no ragrets (that was misspelled on purpose, y'all. it's funny). Lots of songs from my childhood were in the prom playlist, which made me feel both old and super happy (Camp Rock and High School Musical were just a few). They also played 2 songs from my favorite musical at the moment (Greatest Showman), which made me ecstatic. Overall, it was so much fun.
    The rest of the month was spent working at the radio station (stuffing and licking hundreds of envelopes), talking on the phone with friends, driving around town and enjoying the spring weather (with my convertible top down, of course), watching movies in the evenings, and editing photos. It was a wild March, but a very good one. I'm so excited to see what next month will be like!

Much love,
Becca


Morning games with Michael!

Can you believe that I'm 2 decades old?!


A photo of me from the photography meet! (thanks Will)
Bridal shower for sweet Ashleigh (the cutie in white w/ the flower crown) !!

PROM!


Elijah and me at his sister-in-law's surprise birthday party!

Comments

Popular Posts