Colorado Essentials - Summit Prep

     I can't believe that I'm leaving for Colorado in TEN days! Wow, how time has flown by! The days are getting closer, and I'm starting to pack and prep for the next three months (let's be honest, I started packing 3 weeks ago but I'm just now getting it all together and getting this post up). Because I'm leaving soon, I figured I might as well mention a few things that I'll be packing and using these next few months in Colorado. I would consider these essentials for my living, when others (who aren't as prone to freeze maybe) might not think so. But hey, this is my blog; my essentials. ;) Let's get started.

     ***btw none of these items are in any way sponsoring this post- I'm just a fan of everything I got and wanted to share them with you!***

     Item #1: Sweaters.
I'm used to being cold 24/7. I'm surprised I don't own more sweaters because of this. I got a few new ones from Beall's this year, and I'm so excited about them! This blue/white striped one is the softest material and it's so comfy! I was ready to wear it out in July's 97° weather! I'm sure I'll be wearing these to class nearly every other day.


Oversized sweaters are the best sweaters!


     Item #2: T-Shirts.
I've been told that Colorado weather isn't as cold as it might sound (40°s seems pretty chilly to me!), so I can wear tee shirts in the afternoon once the sun comes out more. But for me, I'll be wearing these shirts for layering to keep me even warmer! This tee is my favorite right now-- It'll remind me of home every time I wear it! (Plus I gotta represent my home state!)

Cavender's - $20



     Item #3: Jeans.
Every girl needs a solid pair of jeans. I'm taking three of my favorites (two from JC Penny's, one from Forever 21). These go with EVERYTHING! I'm stoked to wear them nearly every day.
Arizona Brand from JCPennys.

     Item #4: Magic Bags.
hese things are pretty magical. I consider these essential for getting to the destination. I'm staying for three months and only have two suitcases...I need to work some magic to get all my clothing/supplies to fit! They're vacuum sealed and minimize space so I have more room for fluffy sweaters and hiking shoes.


     Item #5: Flannels.
Flannels are a statement fall piece. If you're drinking pumpkin spice and dreaming of leaves changing, then it's time to pull out the trusty 'ole flannel. They go with everything and make you want to go on a hayride, am I right?! Plus they're good for layering!!!
got this one from Beall's blowout sale-- $10 is a steal!


     Item #6, 7, & 8: Gloves, Hats, Scarves
The ultimate autumn/winter accessories. I'm certain to be wearing these every day in Colorado to keep my fingers, head, and neck warm! Plus, I gotta look cute in the process, duh! I've accumulated these pieces from multiple Christmases, hand-me-downs, and prep for NYC two years ago. I've got quite a stack and I'll be wearing them on the daily! (Isn't that scarf the cutest!? I've got the best grandma for monogramming it for me!)


     Item #10: Hiking Boots.
These are one of the biggest essentials for me as I enter hiking territory. I love hiking, and you can bet that I'll be doing it pretty frequently (every day if I'm allowed) while I'm in Colorado. Hiking boots are perfect for the occasion, plus they're bound to keep my feet warm with that thick shoe!
Timberlands from Academy
     Item #11:  Cute Shoes.
Hiking boots are important for hiking and cooler weather. But I gotta look cute for church on Sundays or any other special occasion while I'm there! That's why some cute shoes are an obvious essential. I got these black Steve Madden flats for 70% off at Designer Shoe Warehouse and they're soo comfy! I love the pointed toe (a trendy look right now) and the straps. They're velvet, so not a summer style otherwise I'd be wearing them every day. I can't wait to pull these out of my suitcase once I reach Colorado!

     Item #12: Fanny Pack.
Yep. You read that right. The '80s style is coming back and I love it! I love small bags that I can take anywhere, and that's exactly what fanny packs are! I took this one ($8 on Amazon) with me to Six Flags and it was a big hit! You can fit anything small in here and it's perfect for when you don't have pockets. I'll be using this for sure when I start on those daily hikes in the San Juan Mountains!

     Item #13: Swimsuit.
Definitely not something I ever imagined needing when I visited Colorado in September, but it was on my packing list sent directly from the program, so I threw it in the suitcase. The reasoning for this is because Colorado has hot springs!! Whaaaaaat. Not something I thought I would ever experience but I'm pretty stoked about it. They told me to grab a swimsuit, I did not question! I got this one several years ago (2+) from TJ Maxx. It's comfy and decent and I love the color! It works really well with some dark blue swimshorts I own. Can't wait for those hot springs!

     Item #14: Travel Mug.
I gotta keep myself warm once inside and in class, so a travel mug with coffee or tea in it is perfect! Plus with the amount of kids attending this program and drinking coffee, taking my own mug that I can easily recognize is a must. I'm excited to use it!
Christmas gift from my aunt. Thanks Aunt Molly!
     Item #15: Books.
When I'm not studying (even part of my studying) or while I'm in an airplane or car, I gotta take a few things to keep me company. Novels or adult coloring books are a great way to pass the time and keep me pretty entertained. You can count of finding these in my backpack!

     Thanks for reading through my Colorado essentials! I can't believe I'll have left Texas ten days from now! Crazy crazy.

Thanks for tagging along with me as I figure out life.

Until next time,
-xoxo-
Becca

Comments

Popular Posts