Looking Back.

  I have had so many accomplishments and opportunities come my way through this past year. I've met so many new, amazing people and reconnected with old friends.
I've also faced a couple of my fears. I tried new things and enjoyed the little moments.
It's amazing how much you can grow and mature and learn in one year. Never would I had thought a year ago that I would be the person I am today.

  I mentioned having a lot of opportunities and accomplishments this year. One of those was buying my very own DSLR camera. It has made my photography so much easier and more professional! I am so in love with this camera. It has truly been a blessing to have such a nice camera to do photoshoots with and to photograph family & friend moments.

With this camera, I have been able to do so many things. I had my first official photoshoot in June. A couple of my friends wanted to be models for a day so we went downtown and had a bunch of fun taking pictures. A lot were silly, some were just normal, and we even got some killer serious pictures. I had a blast with them. ↓


  Another pretty awesome thing I did was create my Facebook page and this blog! Being able to share pictures with friends and get the word out about my business sure has been nifty.
You can check out my Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/BeccaGaylePhotography or you can check me out on Instagram: @beccagayle.photography.

  Another pretty awesome thing I started this year was playing the guitar. If you read my "One Blogger to Rule Them All" section on the right, you would know that I've started playing the guitar and I can sing a bit. I started in August and have been playing strong ever since. I absolutely love being able to express myself through music. I can sing a bit, but it's nothing I would brag about. I have played/sung in a talent show and have performed at a couple Christmas parties too. If you're a musician and want to know, I use a vintage 710 Taylor guitar. (My dad bought it back in the 1980s as they were first being made by hand.) My dad has been teaching me what he knows and it's been a really fun hobby. This is a pretty boring option, but you're more than welcome to visit my YouTube channel: Rebecca F. So far I only have one cover song on there, so it's a pretty lame channel. But I'm hoping to put more songs up there in the future, just to share some of my musical talent with you all.


  I also got to work with my dad and do my first ever photography job at a concert! It was one of the coolest experiences. Back in November, a headline tour "Spirit Fest" came to Corpus Christi. The bands/singers playing were Building 429, Jamie-Grace, Chris Tomlin, MercyMe, Aaron Shust, and a couple others too. I got to photograph a couple meet-and-greets and even meet Jamie-Grace herself! It was a really awesome experience. I hope I can work with this tour again next year.


  This entire year has been wonderful. Finishing up my first semester of my second-to-last year of high school! I've never been more excited to be finished with school and just focus on working. But I'm really looking forward to what 2015 may bring and what God has in store for my business and for me.


With Love, Rebecca =)

Comments

Popular Posts